Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Meta Paulies

Patrick again. Ok, I shot my wad early and I want an excuse to post again. Instead of making a lot of comments on everyone’s post. Here is my top ten comments connected to other Paulies post.

1. Simpsons Movie was and is a disappointment. Niki argued this point nicely and I have to agree. Although I did get to go to a 7-11 that was turned into a quickie mart and it made me smile. I bought a six back of buzz cola.

2. In Rainbows. Personally, I don’t get why Radiohead always gets a free pass. I’m not really upset over In Rainbows, because I kind of like it. Now Hail to the Thief...

3. El Perro Del Mar is great. You’re welcome. I also want to give a thank you to everyone who mentioned Liars last year. I listened to that album repeatedly (It’s over 50 on my iTunes play count).

4. Y’all need to listen to more music. It’s not respectable. Seriously, hit me up and I’ll send you some. G2P is something I use that is an easy alternative to scary bittorrents and p2p networks.

5. M.I.A. I don’t know how I feel about her anymore, but paper planes is a fun one. Gun shots as percussion is the new hand clap.

6. Television. I generally hate TV and generally don’t watch it. However, Top Chef hasn’t been mentioned. I kind of got hooked on the reruns this summer when I was home for a week with nothing to do. I ended up buying all the episodes on iTunes and watching season 3 like crazy. I became a little obsessed with cooking and food this year.

7. Flight of the Conchords…good, good...Just got season one on DVD. A full length album comes out in April on Sub Pop. Here’s a clip that makes me laugh.

8. Have you all seen the short for Darjeeling Limited, Hotel Chevalier? You were able to get it free on iTunes, but it doesn’t look that way anymore. I’m curious to hear more reactions to this movie. I loved it, but it sounds like some would disagree.

9. College Radio. Love it too John. Growing up in Iowa the radio sucks. Actually growing up anywhere, the radio sucks. I was lucky enough to have KRUI, Iowa’s college radio. In grad school I came to realize what I truly like about weird college radio. They play stuff you have never heard and may never hear again. It’s like never walking in the same river twice type of stuff.

10. How bout this blog huh? I think it’s turned out pretty well. Thanks for all the submissions.

No comments: