Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Top 25 of '08 List Ya'll Should Check Out

Yo, so last night I found out my musician friend Andy Wagner has been creating a top 25 list every year for awhile now and posting it to LiveJournal. He counts down the albums 5 at a time, with individual song gradings and a detailed review for each album. It's pretty neat because his list does not include Fleet Foxes, Sigur Ros, or Portishead and does contain both Weezer and Beck. It also includes albums that I'm surprised I missed for Paulies inclusion. I don't remember Aimee Mann and +/- being on the '08 album list from NPR I was using as a resource while doing my list. (And the Aimee Mann album freakin' rules!) But I think it would be good debative fun to read and discuss the selections of a music geek whose opinion differs from other music geeks. (And I'm annoyed that debative apparently isn't a real word. Whatever, OED..) (No Fleet Foxes, though? I don't think I'm going to pay him back for fiver he loaned me to get beer in November..)

Below is Andy's 25 from losinginterest.livejournal.com:
#25-21
#20-16
#15-11
#10-6
#5-1

And speaking of Fleet Foxes: SNL tonight!

- Kate Miles

No comments: