Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Itty's Forgotten in '08: Thao

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry for saying "Let's go see Waltz with Bashir" and then going to see it on my own.  Let's make up.  Here is a post to the Paulies blog.  I am also making you a friendship bracelet.  

Thao's album "We Brave Bee Stings and All" should have been in my top ten, but as with Destroyer, I forgot that it was an '08 album.  A friend of mine had been a huge fan of Thao a few years ago, and I stupidly never really gave her work a proper listen.   That said, I think her most recent album was a lot better than her first.   However, I will probably kill myself if I listen to Bag of Hammers again.  It's a great track, but once it gets stuck in your head, it will be hard to remove (watch the video below for this fun fun experience!)

Here are a few tracks:

Bag of Hammers


Peace,
-Itty

ps. Fiona Apple is a genius and her second album is an amazing result of heartbreak.  

No comments: